We asked Kylan, our Custom Travel Advisor and Africa Specialist, 5 reasons why you should visit Africa:
- The wildlife – from the great wildebeest migration in Kenya/Tanzania, the Gorillas in Uganda/ Rwanda to the wild and diverse areas of Southern Africa. We see the animals on TV, in magazines and zoos but nothing is like seeing them in the wild and observing how they interact. Truly magical!
- The people – diverse cultures throughout the continent – from the Masai Warriors, the Kalahari Bushman, to the tribes of Ethiopia. The guides, the camp staff, the locals you meet in the markets, are friends you will make, perhaps even for life if you decide to give your email. Guests returning from their safari often say, “you go to Africa to see the animals, but leave remembering the people” and I could not agree more.
- UNESCO Heritage Sites – some of highlights you will find in Africa include Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe/Zambia, Okavango Delta in Botswana, Pyramids in Egypt, Rock-Hewn Churches in Ethiopia, plus many more. The continent is massive with an abundance of highlights to include in an itinerary.
- The beaches – beautiful sandy beaches set on the Indian Ocean make for an excellent way to end a safari. Zanzibar & Mozambique are the most popular places but if you are looking for the ultimate luxury, the Seychelles should be considered with their stunning islands covered in white sand. If you are more of City folk, Cape Town & the Garden route are also nice beach/coastal getaways.
- The weather – the weather is fantastic throughout the continent. I would advise avoiding the rainy season not due to being cold but because it becomes harder to get around, especially on a safari.
If Africa is on your bucket list, let us help you create your dream holidays!